Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Job FAIL

I went back to the AIA message board, today - Cover Letter typed out, resume updated, etc... - to apply to the job doing high-end custom houses. It is no longer posted on the message board, and genius that I am, I did not write down the info when I saw it.

Insert curse words of choice here --> *&$_@)#!^

And, to put the icing on the cake, my apartment complex left me a cheery note informing me that they're raising my rent by $160-250... per month (depending on if I jump on this great deal by May 11).

$150/month X 12 months/year = too much money for me to ante up for an apartment.

So I spent some time on the Houston Craigslist, looking for advertised architecture jobs (Grand Total: 0). And then I looked at Craigslist for apartment prices (if I don't want a washer/dryer, I can get a decent one in a decent area for $800/month).

And then one thing led to another and I was researching portable washing machines, all of which are apparently either completely worthless or $900.

Tomorrow, I drive around Houston and look at design stores, hoping to find some place to work that doesn't have gobs of candles in it (good luck, there). And I continue to hunt for architectural summer internships that don't require me to buy a AutoCAD (because I refuse to illegally download one).

Blargh. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment