Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Apartment Locating

 

I haven't been having the greatest of luck with my apartment search.

Or, at least, I hadn't been having much luck. Until I called an apartment locator.

It was an accident. I thought the guy would completely blow me off, due to my small budget and my requirements (W/D and a bathtub: neither is negotiable).

The man has come through like a champ. A CHAMP.

I awoke, this morning, at 4:30 a.m. I couldn't get back to sleep. By 6, I'd decided to just chuck the idea of staying in bed, and I got up and made myself some breakfast. I moseyed over to my computer to check my email, and - voila! - there was an email from the fellow. I checked it, saw that he'd referred me to a bunch of properties I'd already looked at and called, and felt dejected.

I called my dad, discussed a potential employment situation with him, and we started chatting about the apartment hunt. I told him I might not be able to find an apartment in Houston - in a safe area - within my budget.

After the phone call, I found another email from the apartment locator, listing apartments and condos for rent by private owners, as opposed to the 300 unit mega-complexes I've otherwise found in H-Town.

I like all but one of them. They all have a washer and dryer - either the connections, or the appliance is provided - and they're all within my budget.

My previous experience with apartment locators was hit-or-miss. The one I tried to use when I moved to Houston kept referring me to apartments that were $300-$400 above my price range, or to ones east of downtown (not a safe area for a single gal to inhabit). The one before that successfully found me an income-dependent rental that met my budget and location requirements (after about three weeks).

But this NEW apartment locator... he's doing a fantastic job, right off the bat.

Fantastic.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get into one of the units he's advertising. Keeping the fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment