Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

My plans for the evening involved leaving the office an hour early, picking up my dry-cleaning, changing the sheets on my bed, making dinner, and then working at home for an hour or two (to atone for that hour out of the office).

I believe the Scottish poet Robert burns put it best when he said

The best laid schemes o' mice an' Ms. Strainedconsciousness
Gang aft agley

Whatever the heck that's supposed to mean. I had no idea you could get a face full of Scottish phlegm just from reading poetry on a computer screen.

You see, my best laid scheme involved putting my current work onto my USB drive and bringing it home with me, but for some reason, the files didn't transfer, and I have an old version of the project with which to work. So, no work will be accomplished this evening.


Instead, I am working away at my portfolio, whittling it down to the bare essentials, cutting out extraneous details and verbiage, and shrinking down the sketches that originally seemed so vibrant but now seem a little bit too... sketchy. They'll still be included, just smaller. To the side. Maybe down in that corner over there. Yeah, there.

And don't come out of the corner until the timer goes off, or you're in trouble, Mr. Sketch.

Sketches, these days. Give 'em an inch, and they'll take a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment