Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the Road Again

I spent the weekend in Houston, visiting my niece.

My sister and brother-in-law also happened to be there.

Fortunately, on this visit, my niece - who can pull herself up into a standing position now! - did not vent her giddiness at my attention by throwing up a belly-full of formula on me. I appreciated the non-gesture.

Saturday night, my BIL barbecued ribs, and I successfully tackled the better part of a rack single-handed. My sister made one of her amazing salads - and chocolate lava cakes with a scoop of Hank's ice cream - and we enjoyed sitting outside in the cool evening breeze.

How much for ONE rib?

I also made out like a bandit, wardrobe-wise.

My sister bestowed two arm-loads of clothes upon me, including a drop-dead gorgeous jacket by Ellen Tracy. I promised to give it a good and loving home and have ordered special hangers for it, accordingly. It is time, I think, to cull the worn-out clothes from my own closet to make room for the ones my sister gave me, something I have not done in a while because I had to keep everything lest some catastrophic clothing plague hit the area and deprive me of the less hardy items that hadn't been around as long.

I had fully intended to come home, straighten up my apartment, and head out for the grocery store to stock up on foodstuffs for the week. Upon arriving at home, though, yesterday's migraine and last night's sleeplessness caught up with me.

I decided to just clean out all the old food from my refrigerator and to make a grocery list.

That's all I have the energy to accomplish, post-apartment-tidying.

I have no idea what I will eat for dinner, as I did not manage to sneak the remaining rack of ribs into my purse as planned.

Curses, foiled again!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. And fun. We're still waiting for spring.

    ReplyDelete