Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Trials and Tribulations of Ms. SC

I was hospitalized, as you know, and released last Thursday, December 2. We rejoiced, thinking my migraines were gone.

Chickens. Counting. Hatched. Right.

Saturday, I was back in the hospital, but the emergency room, my insomnia - caused by steroids to treat the migraines - having cause another migraine. My prescription migraine medicine had no effect on my headache, and my mother and one of her friends came to get me from my little apartment. I took with me the pearlescent green plastic trash can from my bedroom, since I was - um - not feeling too well, my green snake-skin purse, and an overnight bag.

My mother's friend remarked that only I would think to coordinate my sick-can with my purse.

I was doped up right proper in the ER, slept a bit, and was then sent home to my parents' house.

I'm now stepping up my medical game: I have, in addition to an appointment with my neurologist, an appointment at the Baylor Headache Clinic.

You hear that, migraines? It's on. Bring it!

Seeing as I'm now talking trash to myself, I might also need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist. Hmmm...

I wonder if multiple personalities all get migraines, or if there's one in there who's migraine, free?

No comments:

Post a Comment