Saturday, August 21, 2010

In My Own Little Corner, In My Own Little Chair

And if anyone can tell me what that's from, I will buy you a beer. Well, maybe not, because you can Google anything these days.

I'm back at my apartment, as of Thursday, and it feels so wonderful to be in my little home again. I've been cleared to drive, so I start back to work on Monday, and I'll work 4 hours in the office and 4 hours at home. Pacman is ecstatic, since there's gobs of work to be done on his project, and he needs me "desperately," according to Radio. Hmmm...

I went and did something enjoyable, today (pedicure) since there hasn't been much of that, lately, and then decided to drive by the projects in my neighborhood to see what my firm has been up to, in my absence.

We've been up to a lot. One of my projects has topped out and is almost entirely sheathed in plywood, already (whoop!). I didn't get out of the car to look at it, though, since I was wearing post-pedicure flip-flops, and those just aren't safe for a construction site. Also, there's a big fence around it, and I couldn't remember the combination to open the gate. The other project is one I've only done shop drawing approvals for, and it's also sheathed in plywood, and is much larger than I thought it would be. It swallows the lot. Enormous.

And now I'm back in my apartment, having just written some checks to a laboratory that did blood tests for my surgery and pondering how I'm going to keep all my medical bills for the year organized. I usually just throw them all in a file folder and let them stew until taxes roll around, but there's a huge quantity of them, this year, so I'm thinking it might be time to buy a binder and stow them all in there, in order, with the Explanation of Benefits forms nicely arranged with my invoices, etc.

At the very least, it gives me a reason to visit the Container Store once again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment