Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flashbacks to "Swiss Family Robinson"... Still Without a Hot Fritz...

Although I cut out early, today, ostensibly to join a gal pal for a romp at the mall. We were supposed to attend an RSVP invitation-only fashion show, but the line to get in was long, and she'd had a bad day and wasn't in the mood to sit through a mediocre fashion show, so we bailed and had drinks at one of the bars.

We were originally going to have drinks at Kona Grill, but the table we were five milliseconds away from sitting at was Shanghai'd by a fellow whose girlfriend should have been embarrassed to be with him. The guy wouldn't make eye contact with us after scooting into the chair I was about to occupy, so we called him some unflattering names - within his hearing - and said we hoped his girlfriend realized what an (insert unflattering term here) she was with - again within his hearing - and went to Luna de Noche, where they had reduced price appetizers and $3 not-bad house wine.

I'm trying not to obsess about sofas, too much, and managed to get quite a bit of work done, today. I've picked out the plumbing fixtures for my clients $500,000 tree house gym/office (ahem) and am detailing the millwork as we speak...er...write because I left work early and I have a guilty conscience about not getting all of my hours in, indoctrinated by the more corporate firms I worked for in a past life. It's kind of relaxing, working at home, all snuggled up in my pajamas and under an enormous duvet.

That's what I need at work! An enormous duvet!

No comments:

Post a Comment