Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Have a Job! Almost...


I guess the nice handwritten bread'n'butter note to my interviewers did the trick, because I received a phone call today from the younger interviewer (as opposed to the 140-year-old principal) letting me know that they DO want to hire me, and fully intend to do so, just as soon as they get a contract signed with a client.

This should happen Monday.

My fingers are crossed for good luck, which makes typing inordinately difficult.

As you might guess, my spirits are lifted, as a result of the phone call, and the bleak future that lay ahead of me - forever living in my parents' home, surfing the Internet all day, gaining bazillions of pounds - no longer seems so certain.  And no, I'm not really concerned about being fat, because I've lost weight since being unemployed, contrary to my initial expectations.

When I informed my mother, she immediately suggested that we take advantage of the $10 discount coupon we received from DSW to buy me some celebration shoes.  Alas, there were no shoes that will stay on my impossibly-shaped midget feet, so she took me to the GAP and bought me a cute dress instead.  And then handed me her Macy's card so I can buy cute shoes tomorrow while she's at work.

Okay, so there are perks to living with my folks.

(Image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons License user Foxtongue can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxtongue/2196638/)

No comments:

Post a Comment