Sunday, May 9, 2010

They'll Look Great On the Floor


I had a blast in Houston, as always. My sister and I hung pictures galore all over the house, and bought lamps for her bedroom, and lampshades for lamps she already had for her living room, and traipsed all over the Heights looking at junk stores, some of which were actually junk stores, and some of which were anything but.

And I bought two lamps to sit on my end tables. The end tables I do not have.

But the lamps are amazing, and they're solid brass, and you could kill a man simply by hurling one of the finials at him, so I had to buy them. Because they're a matter of personal safety. And they're amazing.

They're the sort of lamps you'd see in Elle Decor for $3000/pair. And I got them for 1/10 of that. It's a deal. It's a steal. It's the bargain of the century.

And now I need tables upon which to rest them.

And I want new curtains, because the new decor monster will not be sated with new lamps alone. Oh, no. It must needs new curtains and new end tables. So I might find myself heading out this weekend looking for curtain panels, and trying to figure out what, exactly, I want my living room to look like. For the longest time, it's been full of muted furniture with orange and turquoise accents on the bookshelves and in the artwork.

But now I have an orange sofa, and I don't know if I want to do soft birch-colored (supposedly) drapes in a tonal vibe with hits of turquoise in the artwork and accessories, or if I want to... yeah. I have no other alternatives. I'm getting ready to take back some fabric that I gave my sister, once upon a time, that's a beautiful black silk with orange and yellow and pink medallions woven into it - amazing fabric - and two pillows she had made out of it years ago. They don't work in her house these days, but they'll be beautiful in mine. And they're kind of the direction I see my house going, too. So...



Any thoughts about my current little David Hicks fantasia? Hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment