Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Missed Connections

I had a golden opportunity today, and I missed it. It completely and totally blew by me, and I'm regretting it.

Okay, I'm sort of regretting it. Kind of.

Not really.

Apparently, around 8:00 a.m. Pacman called me to invite me to an oh so exciting concrete pour at the job site. It was slated to start at 10:00 a.m. sharp. My cell phone was set to 'silent' by some strange quirk of the fates, so I missed that call. I also missed the one informing me that it was going to start at 9:00 a.m. instead of 10:00.

I checked my phone while waiting for the elevator at the office building, standing in the lobby in cute spangly sandals. My new work boots were at my apartment. My old work boots were also at my apartment. Yes, my wellies were under my desk, but...

I didn't want to go to the site. It was day two-and-a-half of a migraine for me (because I forgot to take my medicine on day one, and only took the nausea medicine, not the actual migraine stuff, since I'm kind of absentminded sometimes) and my 'old complaint' was acting up, to boot. Heh. Heh heh.

I'm punny.

Yes, the 'old complaint' for which I had surgery, once upon a time, and for which I thought I might need surgery, but right now I don't need it, but I might in the future if it doesn't heal itself, which it might if I take this medicine, so take this medicine, and here you go, and it still hurts.

So I missed a golden opportunity to wear my new work boots. And I'm oddly okay with that. Because I haven't bought gel insoles for them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment