Saturday, August 22, 2009

To An Abnormal Degree

To an abnormal degree: that is how much I've been socializing this week. Thursday evening I entertained an international guest - dinner at Cowboy Chow and then a trip to the Gingerman - and Friday I went to a going-away lunch for a friend who is leaving us for Washington, D.C.

Friday night, I decided not to go out, because I am going out Saturday night to celebrate a friend's birthday.

One pitiful and heavily-foreign-accented voicemail later, I capitulated and went to Happy Hour, albeit at 8:30.

I stayed out until 4 a.m.

I kind of want to die, right now, but not enough to keep me from going out for my friend's birthday! So now, I'm getting ready to get dressed for the gala, and I don't know what to wear, but that's okay because I still have two hours until I have to be there.

It seems as though I'm forever stuck in "I have nothing to wear" mode. Ok, I have clothes to wear, but the shoes I used to wear them with are either A) forbidden by my doctor if I'm standing for more than 30 minutes or B) old and ruined and seemingly irreplaceable.

So I have tons of great clothes for going out, but they don't have pants/skirt to match, or the underpinnings required are either not manufactured or are $300, which I didn't realize before I ripped off the tags.

You get the idea.

I know I have something to wear, and I know I will figure it out when I get home. But now I'm kind of wishing I'd done some laundry at 4 a.m.

On a side note, last night's Happy Hour took place at the Londoner in Uptown. Would I recommend the Londoner? Yes. Why? Beause the waiter was a hot Australian and he called me "Lovely," as in "here's your cider, Lovely." I will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment