Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Been Real, It's Been Fun

But this week hasn't been real fun. Actually, I lied: it hasn't been fun. It's been excruciating.

Between the flat tire Monday, my self-inflicted pain Tuesday and Wednesday, and the added joy of commuting 45 minutes each way to work because I'm house-sitting, I'm exhausted. I'm trying to rest, but my mind can't seem to keep the TooDoo Gremlins at bay.

TooDoo Gremlins?

Yes, they're the little Gremlins that whisper, Don't blog, you have apartment arranging TooDoo. Don't go to bed, you have laundry TooDoo. Don't read that magazine, you have portfolio design TooDoo.

I checked at Home Depot, but alas! they don't stock Gremlinicide in their stores: it's special order and takes 4-6 weeks to arrive.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had the cute little pre-midnight-snack Gremlins, because you can just pat those and they go away. But nooooo, I fed mine after midnight, so they're the slimy misbehaving ones - the kind you'd want to hang out with at a bar, but not to take home. So they won't leave me alone, they call at all hours of the night - usually right when I'm ready to go to bed.

Fortunately, I'm going to visit my sister and her husband and their two adorable dogs - one of whom will probably weigh as much as I do, by now - so I should be able to leave the Gremlins behind me. Sure, it's just the weekend, so they'll come roaring back on their Harley Davidsons next week, probably all tanked up and ready to cause some trouble, but I plan on shrugging them off.

Hopefully by then, they'll have some other damsel to distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment