Thursday, July 9, 2009

Social Life Also Improving

I swear, it really is Feast or Famine, with me. I started out unemployed, depressed, and rapidly becoming a social recluse, and now I'm employed at a firm I love, I'm ecstatic about life, and my social calendar is full to bursting.

For instance, I went on a lunch date today. I haven't been on an official-planned-in-advance-OMG-what-will-I-wear date in a good long time. I'm not telling how long, mind you, but it had been a while. And you know what? I had fun. I enjoyed myself, even though I returned to the office a bit later than I'd planned - 30 minutes later, actually. Stupid delinquent waiter. Fortunately, there was no teasing from my coworkers about my lateness (they don't know where I went at lunch, just that I was out of the office).

Of course, it would have been difficult to deflect the teasing onto me. Pacman had an eventful day, you see. He was attempting to chip the ice out of the freezer compartment in the 20 year old mini-fridge in our office when the screwdriver he was using - along with a hammer - slipped and punctured the freon coil.

No, I am not kidding.

As a result, he took a (non-lethal) face-full of freon, which isn't too toxic in the dose he got, according to the online Material Safety Data Sheet I checked. We also ended up with a new refrigerator, because Sub-Zero was going to charge $400 to dispose of the freon in addition to $500 for a new coil... for a 20 year old mini fridge. So now, we have a beverage refrigerator without a freezer compartment - the old one was iced over because nobody ever used it.

And we all have a good reason to rag on Pacman for the rest of his life. See? Life is good.

At the end of the day, Radio, Scooter, and Pacman all decided it was time to go have a drink, so we abandoned ship at 4:45 to imbibe libations in the bar on the 1st floor - a bar whose ridiculously good-looking bartender (in my own humble opinion) I saw for the first time, today.

Yowza. See? Life is good.

AND this Saturday, I get to do two fun things: hang out with friends from the Make-A-Wish Foundation and then go on another date (with the same fellow I lunched with, today). The good times keep rolling in.

Nice change from my usual plaintive whining, isn't it?

And in case you're wondering, the reason there have been no book reviews, of late, is that I gave up on the book I was reading, and I haven't had the time or the inclination to find another one, let alone read one. Shocking, I know, but there it is.

(Creative Commons Attribution Licensed image courtesy of Flickr user Adam Jarmon Brown may be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajbrown/3155352778/).

No comments:

Post a Comment