Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Excellent Timing

I've had health problems for about the last... 15 years. No, seriously. I had a bad back when I was in middle school, and then I came down with a bad case of cancer in high school, and then the aftermath of 2 1/2 years of chemotherapy started wreaking havoc during college and has continued more or less constantly since then.

I have good spells and bad spells, and I today started in on a doozy. Yes, today. Three days before I can start moving.

What could be so awful that it will inhibit my ability to assist in the aforementioned move?

I'm not telling.

It's painful, and it requires me to lie prone for long periods of time. And now you know as much about my health problems as 95% of my friends. Only the really special ones know the exact nature of my indisposition. The rest just think I'm a whiner and a wuss.

I am a whiner, but I am not a wuss. Unless it's a sport and someone is throwing something at me. Then, okay, I am a wuss.

I'm hoping I'll be pain-free by Friday, but I somehow doubt that will happen. I have a hunch the issue will escalate, partly as a result of the emotional stress of moving, partly because of the physical stress of sitting in the world's most uncomfortable office chair.

Word to the wise: cancer sucks, don't get it. It mucks things up forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment