Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Things Are Looking Up


I was recently informed that I might have an interior design commission.  The potential client in question is a colleague of my mother's.  In the past, she's worked with her sister, who is a licensed interior designer, something I am not.  However, here sister's idea of a bargain is a $400 throw pillow, and so this potential client asked my mom if I do interiors.

My mom informed her that I did, and that I not only have impeccable taste, but that I'm capable of working on a strict budget.  That did it.  So if the potential client in question actually purchases her house in the country (which is very likely) I'll have my first paid interiors gig.

In addition, I believe I'll soon be going to work for my dad's company.  He needs someone to develop some how-to manuals, and I'm just the gal to do it, what with my fabulous graphic-design skills and all that.  It also helps that I know him and know how his business operates (sort of) so I'll be able to seamlessly integrate myself into his office a couple of days per week.

His office is two hours from Dallas, between the thriving metropoli of Winona and Starville.  Or, we'll just say it's two hours EAST of Dallas.  That means I will be staying in a motel one night per week, because my dad's living space is not set up for a house-guest.  It also means I will have to drive 15-20 minutes to his office, because there are no hotels in either Winona or Starville.

For your viewing pleasure, I've included a lovely mural that is to be found in Winona.

No comments:

Post a Comment