Saturday, April 16, 2011

Staying On the Wagon

I fell off the wagon, this week, insofar as my Paleo-Dieting goes.

It all started on Wednesday when I burnt the bazookas out of my right hand, or, as someone called it, my "money hand," called as such because it's the hand that controls the computer mouse I use for drafting, and thus earns me my paycheck.

Thursday, my hand was still smarting a bit, though it felt much better than it did immediately after the burn-incident. When I arrived at the office, I was faced with two temptations: a box of Spongebob Squarepants cupcakes, courtesy of my coworker's seven-year-old son's birthday, and a box of cupcakes from Dallas' Cupcakery, which put Sprinkles cupcakes to shame, in my humble opinion.

I had a Cupcakery cupcake around 10:00 a.m. It was a "recuperative cupcake," I told myself; it would help me feel better about my mangled hand.

I regretted it around 10:15 a.m.

I had a tuna nicoise salad for lunch, and got the munchies around 4:00 p.m.

I had obviously not learned my lesson at 10:15.

I had a Spongebob cupcake.

I regretted it by 4:30.

This tells me that enormous bursts of sugar are BAD, and that I should lay off of them. And so I will, because the cupcakes are all gone, now, partly through my selfless intervention, attempting to rid the office of the sugary menace.

Yeah, that's it! I did it for my coworkers' health, not my own enjoyment.

Sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment