Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy Busy Bee


It's been a while since I last wrote, but I've been insanely busy.

After a year of unemployment (cumulatively over the last the three years), I have become a bit too accustomed to the whole "lying in bed all day doing nothing" routine. I forgot what a time-eater actually working can be, and my evenings have been somewhat hectic. Nevermind the fact that I've also been out of town for the past two weekends, it's the working every day that's getting me.

By the time I get home from the office and prepare a healthy meal, I'm exhausted. Then, I clean up the kitchen and do laundry, and I check my email to make sure no new bills have arrived in the Inbox, and I fall into bed. It's taking an inordinately long time for me to finish the (fascinating) biography of The Queen Mum that I'm currently reading.

I have two books on a wait list, patiently biding their time alongside my laptop. At least they have each other, right?

In other news, I burned my hand making myself a nutritious and delicious meal last night - and when I say "burned," I mean "currently swaddled in gauze and lidocaine gel" burned. I look like a bad Michael Jackson impersonator... a really bad one.

Because I'm bad. I'm bad. You know it.

Really Bad.

1 comment: