Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What's Goin' On?

Cue the Marvin Gaye.

Ahhhhhh. That's better.

I've been on a veritable roller coaster of ups and downs, recently. I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, but two of my doctors forbade me from flying to San Antonio and then driving to Laredo for the wedding. I can't say I blame them, as I was unable to drive myself for more than 30 minutes without needing to rest.

So that was a down.

But then, because I couldn't stay home by myself, I went to Houston with my parents for my 10 month old niece's dedication ceremony.

That was a definite Up.

But then, what with the organ music during the service and the lights in the sanctuary, I had a bad migraine attack.

Down again.

But then I went home and took some pain medicine and rested and ate some of the best biscuits known to mankind, courtesy of my sister, and I was Up again. Okay, really, I was "high", not "Up" but that's semantics.

My headache got worse during the drive home to Dallas, and I went to the emergency room, expecting to enter the hospital for in-patient care.

Down down down down. Down-be-doobie down down down down down.

And then I had a panic attack at the idea of being stuck in an uncomfortable hospital bed for three days, hooked up to machines, so I checked myself out of the hospital. Oddly enough, I consider that an "Up."

And today, I'm trying to get into the UT Southwestern Pain Management Clinic so I can begin treatment with them, there. UT has another teaching hospital in Houston, so I could just jump from the Dallas clinic to the Houston clinic. This has to be all squared away with my neurologist and my other pain doctor (who I'll have to stop seeing, I think). But hopefully that will happen today.

Trying to keep things on the up and up around here...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. I think about you and this battle often.

    In fact, I can't get away from you. I just took a shuttle into Chicago from O'Hare - right past a huge The Container Store!

    ReplyDelete