Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hell Hath No Fury

Like a woman referred to a collections company when she should not have been.

I wrote earlier about my being granted charitable assistance from Texas Health Resources Presbyterian Hospital in Plano. They granted me my assistance on February 14 (but did not send the letter until February 18).

They had my paperwork for a month before they reviewed it.

A week after I am mailed the letter, stating that my application for charitable assistance has been granted, I receive another letter from a credit collections agency - with the new lower amount posted - stating that I am past due and must pay immediately.

Whether or not this has been reported to a credit reporting agency, I don't know, but if they screwed up my 810 credit rating, I'll be one pissed off unemployed architect.

I had already vowed to myself that I would not return to their emergency room, because their visits end up costing in the range of $700 after my insurance has paid, and I can't afford that even when I am employed. So my neurologist can tell me to go to the ER at her home-hospital, but I can't.

I haven't told her, yet, about the impossibility of using her ER, but it's sure to come up at some point.

Needless to say, right now - running on 30 minutes of sleep - I'm about to explode with anger.

Texas Health Resources: you are dead to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment