Tuesday, May 8, 2012

School's Out For Summer

My last class of the semester took place, today. It wasn't much of a class: sitting around my professor's dining table, drinking iced tea while my classmates drank wine, and trying to figure out how to configure our writing pieces for publication. I'm in charge of setting up a template for the publication, so... I've been working in Word and InDesign ever since I got home. I think I've finally figured out how to configure the pages, but... We'll see.

I am still seeing TMoMD, but I also have another potential date lined up for some time next week. We'll see if Mr. Geologist can knock TMoMD out of his coveted spot. (I'm being egotistical, here, and assuming he covets his position as Gentleman Caller).

So, I've been busy. Fortunately, the semester's over, and now I can focus on more important things, like finding a summer job and moving.

Yup. I'm moving. Because my apartment complex has decided to raise my rent by $250. PER MONTH.

Yow.

Fortunately, I spoke to a lovely young woman at an apartment complex near here, and I can rent an apartment from them for $100 less per month than I'm paying now beginning July 1. Seeing as I have to be out of my current apartment by July 14, I think that works out well. And it's slightly bigger than my current apartment. And it's pretty much the same, interior-wise, as my current apartment. I go see the apartment Friday morning, so I'm hoping that I can get in, see it, and - voila! - fall in love and sign a lease. Then, I can give my current landlords the old "heave-ho" and start dreaming up how to arrange the furniture in my new pad.

I'm already giddy, just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment